For those customers who wish to create their own ads for The Smith Lake Book, here are some general guidelines. If you wish for us to create your ad, just contact us.
Our General Guidelines for Press-Ready PDF Files
- Your PDF should be Press Quality or PDF/X4 with no image compression
- All fonts must be properly embedded. Use common font types. Please Flatten your document before sending
- Image must be high resolution of 300 dpi.
About Press Ready PDF’s
When you submit a Press-Ready PDF file for production, you are indicating that SLM will not need to make any adjustments to content or design. If file revisions are necessary, you will need to submit an entirely new and complete PDF and additional fees will apply.
- All aspects of a Press-Ready PDF should be exactly as required for final publication
- PDF files are automatically converted to CMYK or Spot Color during output mode.
- Email artwork and Press Ready PDFs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Standard Ad Sizes:
- Option 1 – 1.75″ wide x .5″ tall Line Ad (up to 4 lines of text) with .5″ x .5″ Photo/Logo in Directory
- Option 2A – Eighth Page – 4.65″ wide x 1″ tall
- Option 2B – Eighth Page – 2.25″ wide x 2″ tall
- Option 3A – 1/4 Page Horizontal – 4.65″ wide x 1.85″ tall
- Option 3B – 1/4 Page Vertical- 2.25″ wide x 3.75″ tall
- Option 4 – Half Page – 4.65″ wide x 3.75″ tall
- Option 5 – Full Page – 4.65″ wide x 7.5″ tall
Cover Artwork & 2 Page Spreads:
- Page size is defined as the final TRIM size of 8.25″ x 5.25″
(two-page spreads: 8.25″ tall x 10.50″ wide)
- All live matter should be .25″ away from TRIM
- Include at least .125″ bleed